The research group focuses their major attention on the following research aspects:
1) hardware development of lightweight scatterometer for airborne and UAV platform;
2) multi-sensor multi-network solution for ubiquitous positioning
3) hardware development of multispectral/ laser scanner
4) robot-borne laser scanning for indoor mapping and positioning
5) GNSS-based atmospheric remote sensing and space research
6) other hardware development for various remote sensing application.
The group members have multi-disciplinary backgrounds in electronics, optoelectronics, automation, surveying, remote sensing, geoinformatics and computer science.
The research group is part of the Centre of Excellence in Laser Scanning (2014-2019).