The opening hours of the National Land Survey’s customer service points will change as of 16 January 2017. The opening hours of the customer service points will be reduced, because the number of customer visits to the service points has decreased and because more customers are served by telephone, e-mail and online.
– The efficiency and productivity of the National Land Survey is improved according to the development policy of public administration and the report on the National Land Survey's service point network. Therefore, the opening hours of each service point will be adjusted to match current and expected numbers of customer visits. At the same time, we will take into account the effects of the introduction of e-services and of other development on the need for on-site visits, says Director Antti Saarikoski who is responsible for the information services at the National Land Survey.
The changes in the opening hours will have no effect on the number of employees. The number of service points will not decrease and the National Land Survey will continue to provide nationwide services.
Opening hours based on the number of customers
The service points with a large number of customer visits will be open on every weekday at 9:00–16:15. These service points are Helsinki, Kuopio, Oulu, Rovaniemi, Tampere, Turku and Vaasa.
Some of the service points will be open either two or three days a week at 9:00–16:15. The days when the service points are open will vary depending on the service point.
The following service points will be open two days a week:
- Monday and Tuesday: Iisalmi, Ivalo, Kuusamo, Lappeenranta, Lohja and Seinäjoki
- Thursday and Friday: Kajaani, Kokkola, Lahti, Porvoo, Savonlinna and Tornio
The following service points will be open three days a week:
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: Hämeenlinna, Joensuu, Mariehamn and Mikkeli
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: Jyväskylä, Kouvola and Pori
Our national telephone service is open on weekdays at 9:00–16:15. You can also contact customer service by e-mail or by using an online form on our website. In addition, it is possible to contact us by traditional post. Outside office hours, applications may also be dropped off in the locked postal boxes outside the service points.
Advance booking in nine localities
The operations model of customer service in the service points in Alajärvi, Huittinen, Ikaalinen, Kemijärvi, Nurmes, Närpes, Saarijärvi, Salo and Ylivieska will be renewed and in these localities, we will take into use the option of advance booking. This means that the customer will first contact the national telephone service. If the issue is of such character that it cannot be solved on the telephone, the customer service secretary will transfer the issue to be solved at a service point.
Because of limited use, the locked postal boxes will be removed at such service points.
Municipalities and regional councils were heard
A hearing round was arranged about reducing the opening hours. The statements from the municipalities and regional councils did not bring forward issues that would stop the introduction of the new opening hours. When the decision was made, the statements were taken into consideration when it was possible to do so.
The opening hours of the service points as of 16 January: www.maanmittauslaitos.fi/en/contacts.
Director Antti Saarikoski, +358 40 501 0151, email@example.com