Open data file download service
The open data file download service is a self-service for downloading maps. You can select the products you want, their format as well as the area they cover.
- Select the product to be downloaded from the list
- On the map, select the map sheets covering the area containing the datasets you want
- Type your e-mail address to receive the link to the download page
- Download the files you have ordered using the links on the download page
Contents of the service
Products in the file download service are only available in the ETRS-TM35FIN coordinate system
- Laser scanning data is compressed in LAZ-format. Use laszip.exe, available from http://www.cs.unc.edu/~isenburg/lastools/ to unpack the files.
- Orthophotos is compressed in JP2-format.
- Other data is compressed in zip-format (filename ends in .zip) and may be unpacked with any compression application available online.
Rastermaps, cadastral indedx map, laser scanning data, ortophotos and The Topographic database's GML file format is updated continuously. Other datasets are updated at least once a year.
You can update downloaded data by using the Open data file updating service. The service is an ATOM feed, i.e. a standardised web feed in XML format. With the Updating service, you can search for all files sorted by product version that have been updated after a certain date. The feed you receive as a reply contains direct links to download updated files. You can download only those files that have been updated.
You can use either a standard browser or other feed reading software to receive the feed (The NLS does not offer user support for such software).
You can order the identification key required to use the Updating service into your e-mail inbox. The use of the service is free of charge.