This accessibility statement applies to the Maanmittauslaitos.fi website. NLS specialists have assessed the compliance of the website with accessibility requirements. The statement was revised on 22 December 2020.
Accessibility requirements are largely fulfilled
The accessibility of the website was assessed on 14 September 2019. It was stated that the website largely fulfils accessibility requirements and that there are no significant accessibility flaws.
The accessibility issues discovered during the assessment are listed below. The findings are based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. The number and link provided after each finding indicates what WCAG section is not fulfilled at the website.
Significant issues in perceivability
- The website includes videos without any subtitles. According to the guidelines of the Regional State Administrative Agencies, non-accessible videos published before 23 September 2020 do not need to be removed from websites and they do not need to be made accessible afterwards. WCAG 1.2.2
- The website includes podcasts without any subtitles or alternative texts. According to the guidelines of the Regional State Administrative Agencies, non-accessible audio recordings published before 23 September 2020 do not need to be removed from websites and they do not need to be made accessible afterwards. WCAG 1.2.1
- The website includes buttons and links with insufficient contrast. WCAG 1.4.3
- The image of the feedback form in the website’s chat window does not have any alternative text. WCAG 1.1.1
Significant issues in understandability
- Descriptions and groups are missing from the fields of the feedback form in the website’s chat window. WCAG 3.3.2
Significant issues in robustness
- The website’s chat window has a misleading role (p role=“heading”), and the “Lähetä” (Submit) button of the feedback form in the chat window cannot be read programmatically. WCAG 4.1.2
Other accessibility issues
Attachments for land surveys
The pages of land surveys in progress include attachments in Word and PDF format. The documents may include the following accessibility issues:
- built-in document styles have not been used
- document files do not have a descriptive name
- documents do not have any clear structure
- images do not have any alternative text
- the document language has not been defined
The fulfilment of accessibility requirements for these documents would be a disproportionate burden for the NLS as referred to in section 8 of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019), because the number of documents produced before the entry into force of the accessibility requirements is considerably high, and individual documents are typically intended for a small group of customers. The non-accessible documents published as attachments to land surveys will not be removed from the website or made accessible afterwards. Instead, each responsible cadastral surveyor must deliver the documents in accessible format if a user so requests.
Photos published on Instagram
Photos published on Instagram do not have any alternative texts. Adding alternative texts to photos published on Instagram is not possible, as the service does not support them. The NLS will update its photos on Instagram so that the text attached to each photo offers the same information as the photo. WCAG 1.1.1
Correction plan for the website
The issues discovered at the website will be corrected as soon as possible, however, by 31 March 2021.