1. General information
The National Land Survey of Finland (hereinafter the Licensor), as the holder of the immaterial rights to the data, has granted on the terms mentioned below the right to use a copy (hereinafter data or dataset(s)) of the data (or a part of it).
The Licensee is a natural or legal person who makes use of the data covered by this licence. The Licensee accepts the terms of this licence by receiving the dataset(s) covered by the licence.
This Licence agreement does not create a co-operation or business relationship between the Licensee and the Licensor.
2. Terms of the licence
2.1. Right of use
This licence grants a worldwide, free of charge and irrevocable parallel right of use to open data. According to the terms of the licence, data received by the Licensee can be freely:
- copied, distributed and published,
- modified and utilised commercially and non-commercially,
- inserted into other products and
- used as a part of a software application or service.
2.2. Duties and responsibilities of the Licensee
Through reasonable means suitable to the distribution medium or method which is used in conjunction with a product containing data or a service utilising data covered by this licence or while distributing data, the Licensee shall:
- mention the name of the Licensor, the name of the dataset(s) and the time when the National Land Survey has delivered the dataset(s) (e.g.: contains data from the National Land Survey of Finland Topographic Database 06/2012)
- provide a copy of this licence or a link to it, as well as
- require third parties to provide the same information when granting rights to copies of dataset(s) or products and services containing such data and
- remove the name of the Licensor from the product or service, if required to do so by the Licensor.
The terms of this licence do not allow the Licensee to state in conjunction with the use of dataset(s) that the Licensor supports or recommends such use.
2.3. Duties and responsibilities of the Licensor
The Licensor shall ensure that
- the Licensor has the right to grant rights to the dataset(s) in accordance with this licence.
The data has been licensed "as is" and the Licensor
- shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions in the data, disclaims any warranty for the validity or up to date status of the data and shall be free from liability for direct or consequential damages arising from the use of data provided by the Licensor,
- and is not obligated to ensure the continuous availability of the data, nor to announce in advance the interruption or cessation of availability, and the Licensor shall be free from liability for direct or consequential damages arising from any such interruption or cessation.
Finnish law shall apply to this licence.
4. Changes to this licence
The Licensor may at any time change the terms of the licence or apply a different licence to the data. The terms of this licence shall, however, still apply to such data that has been received prior to the change of the terms of the licence or the licence itself.