Would you like to focus the map on a specific place or find a map layer for a specific purpose? You can search for places and spatial data by using the Search tool.
By using Location search, you can search for places. Write a search term in the search field and press the Search button. The search term may be:
- A place name
- An address
- A real property unit identification number (property identifier)
You can cut the search term by ending it with an asterisk (*). For example, if you type "Hels*", the result includes all the place whose name or address starts with "Hels". If you use an asterisk, the search term must contain at least four other characters.
By using Metadata Search, you can search for spatial data resources, that is datasets, dataset series and services. You can type a search term in the search field or use pre-defined search options. You can search by dataset name, data provider and keywords.
Type a search term in the search field. Allowed characters are letters (a–ö, A–Ö), numbers (0–9), period (.), comma (,), hyphen (-) and exclamation mark (!). You can replace one character in the search term with a question mark (?). You can replace the end of a search term with an asterisk (*). If you use an asterisk, the search term must contain at least four other characters.
To be able to use advanced search options, press Show search options:
- Resource type: Select whether you want to search for datasets, dataset series or services or for several of these.
- Resource name: Are you looking for a specific dataset, dataset series or service? Select a name from the list.
- Responsible party: Select the organisation whose datasets, dataset series or services you want to search for.
- Keyword: Select a keyword with which you want to search for datasets, dataset series or services.
- Topic category: Select a theme within which you want to search for datasets, dataset series or services.
- Metadata language: Select in which language you want the metadata of the datasets, dataset series or services to be written in.
- Resource language: Select in which language you want the textual elements of the datasets, dataset series or services to be written in.
- Search area: Click Limit the search area on the map button and draw a desired search area on the map. To delete the search area, click the Delete search area button.
Finally, click the Search button to get the search results. The following options are available for search results:
- Show map layer: Click the link to see the dataset on the map.
- Show coverage area: Click the icon to see the coverage of the dataset on the map.
- Show metadata: Click the i icon to see the metadata, that is description, of the dataset. You can examine basic information of the description, metadata in accordance with the JHS 158 recommendation, metadata in accordance with the INSPIRE directive or quality information. You can also open the description as an XML file in accordance with the ISO 19139 standard or print descriptions as PDF files.
- Remove from search results: Click the X button to remove the dataset from the search results.