We sell printed maps, print originals of printed maps, map printouts and historical maps.
Please note that a printed Basic map is no longer available for all parts of Finland. If no printed map is available, the option is a map printout or the print original of a printed map.
Printed maps are sold as map sheets. Printed maps include Basic map, Topographic map, and Basic map printed before 2007. New editions of the maps have not been printed after 5 January 2018.
Scale of printed maps and size of area:
- Basic map 1:25,000, 12 x 24 km
- Topographic map 1:50,000, 24 x 48 km
- Basic map (printed before 2007) 1:20,000, 10 x 10 km. See a more detailed distribution of map sheets (pdf).
Print originals of printed maps
You can order print originals of printed maps, whose layout and map sheet division correspond to Basic map 1:25,000 or Topographic map 1:50,000. The print original is delivered as a file by e-mail or as a paper printout. You can order print originals via our customer service.
Map printouts (your own map)
You can select the size of your map printout and the area covered by it. You can download it immediately as a PDF file or order the map printed on paper or weatherproof material to be sent to you by post.
Site plan base map and DWG data
A site plan is usually drawn on map printouts in scales 1:500 or 1:1,000. Select the long form of property identifier and boundary markers for the map.
You can also order the DWG data of the area of your property to be used for drawing the site plan. Order the material from our customer service. If the building site is located in a local detailed plan area, order the map and DWG data from the municipality.
How to buy a map printout
To ensure that the printout you order fulfils its purpose, note the following:
- The long form of property identifiers may make the map harder to read, particularly in densely populated areas. Therefore, select the short form, except if you need the map for a site plan.
- We do not recommend boundary markers to be drawn in scales 1:15,000–1:250,000, because they make the map harder to read.
- We recommend selecting a thin property boundary line whenever the scale is 1:10,000–1:25,000.
- We do not recommend property boundaries to be drawn in scales 1:50,000–1:250,000, because they make the map harder to read.
- The preview image on MapSite helps to ensure that the map meets your requirements.
Cadastral survey maps
The National Land Survey's archive contains cadastral survey maps and documents from Basic Land Consolidation to today. In general, a cadastral survey map shows the distances between and the numbers of boundary markers. Possible rights of way and easements have also been marked on the map.
You can order cadastral survey maps from our customer service. The maps are subject to a charge, and they are delivered as a file (PDF or JPG) or paper printout. On your order, provide the identifier of the property from whose area you want the map. Sometimes, the investigation of the length of a boundary requires that you order more than one map.
You can browse our old basic maps and topographic maps as well as maps of Karelia through our online services. Archived cadastral survey maps and documents from the Great Partition to today can be ordered from our customer service.