Apply for a cadastral survey

Apply for a cadastral survey when you need

  • a parcelling, to split a property you own into several properties
  • a partitioning, to split a property owned by several people into separate properties
  • an expropriation procedure, to expropriate a reliction area, a part of a plot or a jointly-owned area
  • a boundary demarcation, to find out where a boundary is
  • a private road survey, to ensure your property has a right of way
  • an easement survey, to register an easement that is contract based.

The most common types of cadastral surveys are parcelling, partitioning, boundary demarcation and private road survey.

During cadastral surveys, measurements are usually taken in the terrain when there is no snow on the ground. If you submit your cadastral survey application in winter, we can usually start work in the terrain the following spring.

Apply for a cadastral survey

  1. You can apply for a cadastral survey either by using our application form or a free-form application. Append a map to your application.
  2. Send the application and its appendices either by post or e-mail.

In general, it is not necessary to apply for a parcelling.

How to fill in the application form

Fill in the following information on the application form.

The object of the cadastral survey

The property identifier, municipality and name of the property, which is the object of the cadastral survey. Read more about how to find the property identifier.

If the application concerns a jointly-owned area or a road, give the name of the area or other identifying information. When you apply for a private road survey, we recommend that you write the name of the road on the application.

Suggestion for meeting place

Cadastral surveyors typically plan the schedules for several cadastral surveys at the same time. The meeting place you suggest will be taken into account as far as possible.

Additional information

On the application and the attached map, explain in your own words the purpose of the cadastral survey and give additional information about the following, for example:

  • where the boundaries of the property are unclear
  • which boundary markers are certain to be found in the terrain
  • which boundary markers have probably disappeared
  • whether the private road survey concerns the foundation of a new right of way or the transfer or cancellation of an old right of way
  • which potential meeting dates and times are unsuitable to you.

Contact information

Write your own contact information on the application (e-mail and telephone number at least).

If the applicant is the estate of a deceased person, the contact information for each party to the estate should be included in the application.


Append a map to the application. You can print one out on the MapSite for example.

Do you need help filling in an application?

Contact our customer service by phone at 029 530 1110.

Help the environment – request e-invoices

The e-invoice is an easy and safe way to receive invoices from the National Land Survey to your online bank.