This accessibility statement applies to the “Arviointi ja korvaustiedot” (Valuation and compensation data) website. NLS specialists have assessed the compliance of the website with accessibility requirements. The statement was revised on 24 April 2021.
Accessibility requirements are largely fulfilled
The accessibility of the website was assessed on 31 July 2020. The accessibility flaws found in the assessment has been partly fixed on 15 December 2020. After these correction it was stated that the website largely fulfils accessibility requirements and that there are no significant accessibility flaws.
The accessibility issues discovered during the assessment are listed below. The findings are based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. The number and link provided after each finding indicates what WCAG section is not fulfilled at the website.
Significant issues in perceivability
- Not all images have an alternative text. This may be a problem when the website is used with assistive technologies, such as a screen reader, as users may not be aware of the meaning of images. WCAG 1.1.1
- In some figures, colours have been used as the only distinguishing method, which may cause problems for colour-blind users, for example. WCAG 1.4.1
Moderate and minor issues in perceivability
- There are some formatting errors in the content. For example, there are blank titles and tables built without the table markup language, which may cause problems when the website is used with assistive technologies, such as a screen reader. WCAG 1.3.1
Significant issues in operability
- There are accessibility issues in the operability of individual links. For example, there are links that have an identical text but lead to different pages and links that open in a new tab without any separate notification. These issues will be corrected as soon as possible, however, by 31 December 2020 at the latest. WCAG 2.4.4 and WCAG 3.2.2
- Not all attached files are fully accessible, as the file title, for example, is missing. This may cause problems when the website is used with assistive technologies, such as a screen reader. WCAG 2.4.2
- The 2010 and older pages have several accessibility issues. These pages no longer need to be used, and they will be removed as soon as possible, however, by 31 March 2021 at the latest.
Moderate and minor issues in understandability
- The page menu is not shown correctly in the hierarchy on lower level pages, as the page menu only consists of three levels. WCAG 3.2.3
Significant issues in robustness
- The page code is not fully valid. For example, there are problems in the automatic generation of anchor link identifiers, and underlining is marked using an outdated HTML tag. A valid code ensures that the website can be used on different devices and with different browsers. WCAG 4.1.1
Correction plan for the website
The aforementioned issues will be corrected on the new website, which will be published by 31 May 2021 at the latest. In case you need it you can request material on the website in an accessible format