This accessibility statement applies to the E-services of the National Land Survey of Finland (NLS). NLS specialists have assessed the compliance of the website with accessibility requirements. The statement was revised on 23 January 2023.
The website is not yet fully compliant with accessibility requirements
The accessibility of the service was assessed on 8 March 2021. The assessment found that the service does not yet meet all the accessibility requirements.
While the map view included in the service is not subject to accessibility legislation, it does not meet its requirements. If necessary, map products can also be purchased through the NLS customer service.
The accessibility issues discovered during the assessment are listed below. The findings are based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. The number and link provided after each finding indicates which WCAG section is not yet fulfilled in the service.
Significant issues in perceivability
- It may be difficult to understand the structure of the transaction view when using a screen reader. WCAG 1.3.1
Moderate and minor issues in perceivability
- The purpose of the fields used to process the user’s personal data, such as name and email address, has not been defined programmatically. WCAG 1.3.5
Moderate and minor issues in operability
- The headings of multi-stage forms do not state clearly enough what stage the user is at at any given time. WCAG 2.4.6
- The date fields do not specify the format in which the date should be entered. WCAG 2.4.6
Significant issues in understandability
- Fields where the input is subject to a format check are lacking instructions. WCAG 3.3.2
Significant issues in robustness
- The status of the transaction view cannot be detected programmatically. WCAG 4.1.2
- Error states of the fields cannot be detected programmatically. WCAG 4.1.2
Correction plan for the website
The aforementioned issues discovered at the website will be corrected as soon as possible, by 30 June 2023 at the latest.