This accessibility statement applies to the website of the Property Transaction Service. NLS specialists have assessed the compliance of the website with accessibility requirements. The statement was revised on 19 May 2021.
Most accessibility requirements are not fulfilled
The accessibility of the website was assessed on 2 February 2021. It was stated that the website did not fulfil accessibility requirements and that there were several moderate or minor accessibility flaws.
The accessibility issues discovered during the assessment are listed below. The findings are based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. The number and link provided after each finding indicates what WCAG section is not fulfilled at the website.
Moderate and minor issues in perceivability
- Alternative texts for transfer phases are not easy to understand. WCAG 1.1.1.
- The Twitter and Facebook links in the footer do not include appropriate alternative texts. WCAG 1.1.1.
- The transfer navigation is not transmitted to assistive technologies as content that can be opened and closed, i.e. it is inaccessible. WCAG 1.3.1.
- The text field following the selection of a parcel percentage/property from which the seller retains a parcel and its relationship with the previous selection are unclear to users. WCAG 1.3.1.
- The text and notification for distributing the draft version of a deed of transfer are not harmonised. WCAG 1.3.1.
- The buttons in the first column of the property selection are not programmatically connected to the other content of the row. As a result, the direct impact of pressing the “Valitse” (Select) button is not transmitted to users. WCAG 1.3.1.
- After selecting a property, focus moves to the whole view instead of the next section, i.e. the transferred percentage. WCAG 1.3.1.
- One tab in the table attached to the deed of transfer does not have a title. WCAG 1.3.1.
- The “Valtuuttaja” (Authoriser) word with the letter (T) in brackets in the table is not arranged correctly when using a screen reader. WCAG 1.3.1.
- The table’s title level has not been specified to concern tabs only. WCAG 1.3.1.
- There is a blank h2 title level on the front page. WCAG 1.3.1.
- The “Kiinteistöasiat” (Property issues) and “Kiinteistöt” (Properties) sections indicate the content following the title in a single block per row. WCAG 1.3.1.
- Title levels have not been used consistently in the preparation and summary (signature) of a transfer when loading attachments. WCAG 1.3.1.
- The navigation drop-down menu covers the full screen when used on mobile devices, while there is no keyboard focus. WCAG 1.3.2.
- When using narrow screens, the space occupied by the content in the “Property information” view is halved unnecessarily horizontally, apart from the map. WCAG 1.3.4.
- Markings of mandatory form fields do not support assistive technologies. WCAG 1.3.5.
- The “Rekisteritiedot” (Registered data) section at the bottom of the property page includes a link which is only marked by a colour. WCAG 1.4.1.
- When the content is turned horizontally, some content may remain outside the screen. WCAG 1.4.10.
Moderate and minor issues in operability
- When a document is received, the document cannot be bypassed; instead, focus moves to the document preview window. WCAG 2.4.1.
- Accordion menus do not include landmarks for saving. WCAG 2.4.1.
- The navigation order in the hamburger menu is inconsistent visually and intuitively. WCAG 2.4.3.
- The focus order in form buttons is not optimal. WCAG 2.4.3.
- The markings of mandatory form fields have not been placed optimally in all cases. WCAG 2.4.3.
- Links leading to external pages have been indicated by the additional “Avautuu uuteen” (Opens on a new page) text, which may not be clear for all users. WCAG 2.4.4.
- During a transfer, the draft version of a deed of sale is loaded in the same tab, which is a functionality differing from other files. WCAG 2.4.4.
- Menu focus is not clearly distinctive when using Edge or Firefox. WCAG 2.4.7.
- Focus in the “Usein kysyttyä” (FAQ) and “Syventävää tietoa luovutuksesta” (More information about transfers) links in the footer is also visible in the bottommost element on the adjacent row on the left, which may confuse users. WCAG 2.4.7.
Moderate and minor issues in understandability
- The “Ohje” (Help) icon always receives focus, even if it is not visible on large screens. WCAG 3.2.1.
- The relationship between the payment amount and the “Maksa nyt” (Pay now) button is not clear, i.e. the payment may easily be ignored in this phase. WCAG 3.2.2.
- The navigation structure may be problematic when filling in a form, i.e. button locations and texts interchange. WCAG 3.2.3.
- The buttons used to return to the previous phase when preparing a deed of sale include both the “Edellinen” (Previous) and “Taaksepäin” (Back) texts. The meaning of the “Peruuta” (Cancel) button, taking the user back to the previous page in the transfer process, may not be clear for all users. WCAG 3.2.4.
- Phases are not labelled correctly when showing the navigation. WCAG 3.3.2.
- The “Esimerkit” (Examples) section is not very clearly written for screen readers. WCAG 3.3.2.
- All examples have the same title (Example). WCAG 3.3.2.
- The meaning of the additional information (i) symbol is unclear for assistive technologies. WCAG 3.3.2.
- Functions for proposed error corrections vary, i.e. in some fields proposals for corrections are provided directly when filling in the field, while in some they are only provided when submitting the form. Not all fields propose examples of acceptable inputs following an error. If viewing rights are changed accidentally, the user will be returned to the front page. WCAG 3.3.3.
- The “Poista” (Delete) button is located in an unusual place, which makes it difficult for users to foresee the input of data. WCAG 3.3.4.
Moderate and minor issues in robustness
- IDs in accordion menus are the same as in the “Ehdot” (Terms and conditions) view. WCAG 4.1.1.
- An input error in the “Haku kohdetunnuksella” (Search by site ID) field cannot be identified when using assistive technologies. WCAG 4.1.2.
- The current page is not indicated in the navigation. WCAG 4.1.2.
- The “Etenemisen vaiheet” (Progress bar) pop-up window is not indicated as an element that opens and closes, i.e. it is inaccessible. WCAG 4.1.2.
- The use of the aria-labelledby tag in the accordion menu is incorrect. WCAG 4.1.2.
- Excess repetitions appear on the main level of the navigation element when using a screen reader. WCAG 4.1.2.
- The status of the language selection or page links is not indicated, i.e. whether they are selected. WCAG 4.1.3.
Other accessibility issues
Some PDF documents, such as printouts, supplementing requests and decisions are not accessible. Documents have not been code-marked, i.e. understanding their content and structure using assistive technologies, such as screen readers, is not possible. WCAG 1.1.1, WCAG 1.3.1, WCAG 2.4.2, WCAG 2.4.3 and WCAG 4.1.2.
We will strive to correct the certificate of title, certificate of leasehold and the certificate of mortgages and encumbrances by 6 October 2021 and the remaining documents later.
Correction plan for the website
The aforementioned issues discovered at the website will be corrected as soon as possible, by 9 July 2021 at the latest.