This accessibility statement applies to the DroneFinland.fi website. NLS specialists have assessed the website’s compliance with accessibility requirements. The statement was revised on 7 October 2021.
The website is not yet fully compliant with accessibility requirements
The accessibility of the website was assessed on 4 August 2021. The assessment found that the website does not yet meet all the accessibility requirements.
The accessibility issues discovered during the assessment are listed below. The findings are based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. The number and link provided after each finding indicates which WCAG section is not yet fulfilled at the website.
Significant issues in perceivability
- Accessible labels are missing from the control buttons of the content carousel on the front page. WCAG 1.1.1
- On some pages, the title hierarchy has been implemented using styles only, making it impossible to interpret using a screen reader. WCAG 1.3.1
- It may be difficult to distinguish links from the body text. WCAG 1.4.1
Moderate and minor issues in perceivability
- Texts in the Twitter feed on the front page may be difficult to distinguish from the background. WCAG 1.4.3
- If the text size is enlarged in browser settings, success stories’ information may overlap with the rest of the content. WCAG 1.4.4
- On small screens, success stories’ information may overlap with the rest of the content. WCAG 1.4.10
- If the text spacing is changed in browser settings, success stories’ information may overlap with the rest of the content. WCAG 01/04/2012
Significant issues in operability
- The content carousel on the front page cannot be stopped. WCAG 2.2.2
- The top menu cannot be skipped easily enough using the keyboard only. WCAG 2.4.1
- Alternative texts are missing from the social media links in the footer. WCAG 2.4.4
- Alternative texts are missing from the telephone, email and Twitter icons of group members. WCAG 2.4.4
- The keyboard focus is hidden on the entire website. WCAG 2.4.7
- The control buttons of the content carousel on the front page are not visible, even if they have the keyboard focus. WCAG 2.4.7
Moderate and minor issues in operability
- The focus order is not logical in the list of success stories. WCAG 2.4.3
- The alternative texts of slide shortcuts in the content carousel on the front page are difficult to understand. WCAG 2.4.4
- The programmatically identifiable name of certain links in the Twitter feed on the front page does not correspond to the name displayed. WCAG 2.5.3
Significant issues in understandability
- The language of sections cannot be identified programmatically, even though the language used in them differs from the website’s primary language. WCAG 3.1.2
Moderate and minor issues in robustness
- The website code does not fully correspond with the HTML5 standard. WCAG 4.1.1
Plan on correcting the website
The aforementioned issues discovered on the website will be corrected as soon as possible, by 31 October 2021 at the latest.