The prices of the National Land Survey of Finland are at-cost prices, meaning that they cover the costs of providing the service but do not generate profit. These prices will remain valid for one or two years, depending on the decree on charges applied.
Cadastral survey charges
Cadastral survey charges will increase by an average of 8.9 per cent. The prices will be increased due to the increase in the general level of costs. Another factor affecting the prices is the decree on charges that will come into force on 1 January 2023, which is a two-year decree that will be applied to several cadastral procedures taking place also after 2024.
For municipal customers, the most notable change in the cadastral survey charges is that the price of parcelling municipal areas will from now on be based on the working time spent on the task. Previously, the parcelling price was determined based on the surface area of the parcelled site. Parcelling municipal land usually applies to street areas in accordance with the local detailed plan.
This change is based on the fact that the amount of work needed for parcelling public land varies a great deal depending on the site, and the surface area of the parcelled site does not correlate with the amount of work in the same way as in other parcelling procedures. Pricing the procedure based on the working time allows us to ensure that pricing is equal and fair to all customers.
The most common cadastral procedure is the parcelling of an unseparated parcel of 0.1–1 hectare, which will cost €1,220 as of 1 January 2023. The price increase is €100.
Services for property owners
Prices of services related to property and apartment ownership and registration will increase by an average of 5 per cent. These changes are due to the increase in the general level of costs.
Prices of our most frequently purchased services from the start of 2022:
- The registration of ownership of a property (a title): €151 per property, an increase of €7.
- The registration of a mortgage to a property: €41 in print, an increase of €1, and the price of electronic registration: €23, an increase of €1.
- The transfer of an electronic mortgage deed: €14 electronically, an increase of €1, and €23 in print, an increase of €1.
- The registration of the ownership of an apartment: €63 per owner apartment, an increase of €3.
- The registration of pledging an apartment: €27, an increase of €1.
- Recording of the ownership of all shares of apartments, charged by the hour: €101 per hour, an increase of €6 per hour.
These changes are described in more detail in service-specific newsletter (in Finnish).
Land Information Service and interface services
The prices of the Land Information Service and the three interface services will be changed. These changes are described in more detail in the service-specific newsletters (in Finnish):
- Land Information Service Land Information Printout Service
- Archive Document Search Service (REST) and Land Information Query Service (OGC API Features).
Some changes will also apply to the prices of the National Land Survey of Finland’s other services. Changes to the most frequently purchased services for private persons:
- Document or survey map as file: €13. The price will be increased by €1.
- Document or survey map as an A3 printout: €16. The price will be increased by €2.
- Document or survey map as an A4 printout: €15. The price will be increased by €2.
Additionally, the price of the Property Transaction Service’s general authorisation/application will decrease:
- The new price of a general authorisation/application is €170 (0% VAT) and €210.80 (24% VAT). These prices will decrease, as the valid prices until 31 December 2022 are €257.98 (0% VAT) and €319.90 (24% VAT).
The National Land Survey’s product and service fees are based on the decrees of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry as well as the National Land Survey’s payment decision. The decrees and payment decision will be published on the Finlex service.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry decree on charges for cadastral survey procedures in 2023 and 2024 (in Finnish)
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry decree on charges levied by the National Land Survey and on charges and compensation for public purchase witnessing in 2023 (in Finnish)
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry decree on charges levied for products and services and information services provided from the Land Information System in 2023 and 2024 (in Finnish)
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry decree on sharing income from the Land Information System in 2023-2024 (in Finnish)
The National Land Survey of Finland's customer service, +358 29 530 1110, email@example.com