Open data products available from file download services
You can publish data openly and free of charge if you comply with the terms and conditions of the Attribution CC 4.0 licence for the NLS’s open datasets.
Laser scanning data
Laser scanning data are available as open datasets, while more accurate laser scanning data (5 p) are subject to a licence.
- Laser scanning data 0.5 p and laser scanning data 0.5 p (2008–2019) are open datasets. They can be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Attribution CC 4.0 licence for the NLS’s open datasets.
Printed maps and printouts, printout files
The NLS holds copyrights and intellectual property rights to printed maps and printouts produced in the topographic database and the title and mortgage register.
You can freely publish the NLS’s maps, provided that you comply with the following requirements:
- The publication must include the same © markings and warnings that are indicated in printed maps or map printouts:
- Topographic data © National Land Survey of Finland
- Property data © National Land Survey of Finland and municipalities
- Nautical chart data © Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom
- Depth data © Finnish Environment Institute
- If the map to be published includes Traficom’s data (waterway/depth data), the following text must also be included: ‘WARNING: Not for navigation’.
- With regard to older maps (more than 50 years), information on the organisation that created the map must be indicated. For example, ‘© National Land Survey of Finland’ must be indicated in maps of the Land Survey Administration.
Example 1. An extract from the NLS’s map printout, in which the topographic map (topographic data), waterway data (nautical chart data) and lake depth contour lines (depth data) are indicated in a light colour. Property boundaries and identifiers (property data) are highlighted in red.
Example 2. An extract from the NLS’s map printout with a topographic map (topographic data), waterway data (nautical chart data) and lake depth contour lines (depth data).
Base maps of statistics
You can freely publish base maps of statistics. When base maps are used, their original source must be indicated (© National Land Survey of Finland).
- Further information on base maps of statistics (in Finnish).
Check publication rights from service descriptions or agreements.
- Interface services for property data (in Finnish)
- Interface services for maps (in Finnish)
- Interface services for geospatial data (in Finnish)
The terms of publication and use of services are service-specific. Read more:
- Geodata portal Paikkatietoikkuna
- Old printed maps
- Karelian Maps
- Land Information Service (in Finnish)
If you have any questions about publication rights, contact us by emailing email@example.com.